Tuesday 18 December 2012

2012 A Year in Books




I really enjoyed creating my end of year post last year, so I thought I'd do it again this year. Is nice to look back over the year of reading, and remember the favourites. It's been quite some time since I got coordinated enough to participate in Top Ten Tuesday, happily this week in a rare moment of synchronicity I can.

Once again, here are the books that I gave 5 stars to on Goodreads. Slightly (5) more than 10 though. I've tried to work out how to cut them down, and I can't.



Nick Bland and Freya Blackwood The Runaway Hug



Eoin Colfer Artemis Fowl



Craig Silvey The Amber Amulet



Neil Gaiman The Graveyard Book



Edmund White The Flaneur



Theodore Taylor The Cay



Janine Burke Nest



Frances Hodgson Burnett The Secret Garden



Hugues de Montalembert Invisible














Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games



Charlotte Mondlic The Scar


3 Aussie titles

4 picture books

5 nonfiction/memoir titles

7 female authors

8 male authors


I think The Amber Amulet may well be my favourite of the year.

9 comments:

Esme said...

The Secret Garden was one of my favourite books as a young teen-you have reminded me that I want to pick it up again.

Anonymous said...

I adore The Secret Garden, and I Had a Favorite Dress looks so cute!

Alice @ Alice in Readerland

skiourophile said...

A lovely list! Of the ones I've read, my favourite is probably The Secret Garden, but I did enjoy Edmund White's wanderings (I like the extremes of your list!).

Anonymous said...

But it's not the end of the year yet! Aren't you going to read anything more?!

(BTW thought you'd have Nest there ... I remember your review of it!)

Anonymous said...

I just finished Artemis Fowl this month, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't enough to garner it a spot on my top ten...I think it was because our protaganist was a bit...TOO unlikeable for me. :D Great book, though, and I'm looking forward to more in the series.

Liesel K. Hill said...

Great list! Love Scott O'Dell! :D Now following you via GFC, btw. MY TTT. Happy Tuesday! :D

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

I read the last two in the Hunger Games trilogy this year. While I enjoyed them, I didn't as much as the first one. I am glad to see it on your list. I don't know that I have heard of any of the others though.

My TTT

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hello Louise , thank you for commenting on my blog, lovely to see new people visiting ,

YOu have a wonderful blog , I am going to follow you , as I love books, reading and I love childrens books for my grandchildren :-)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Love Favorite Dress. Now I'm off to see if the others are available over here.