Friday 8 September 2017

Steptember




There are many month long healthy activities now. Movember. Dry July. Sugar Free September. Obviously I can't grow a Mo (well not yet anyway), but I contribute money each year. This year a friend did Dry July- I don't drink enough as a rule, I actually need to make an effort and drink more I think.

This September I'm doing Steptember. I've done a similar spring work based step challenge a few years ago, but it didn't have the catchy Steptember name. This year I'm doing it again.

I was thinking about combining it with Sugar Free September again, but I'm starting my September off in Melbourne, where I could hardly claim my activities as Sugar Free. So I think maybe I won't, but I don't know. (Spoiler, I didn't)

In Steptember the challenge is to walk 10, 000 steps every day from September 4 to October 1. I got a Garmin vivosmart HR a few months ago, and I've been using it daily but my daily average has been languishing more around the 9, 000 range, so I do need to step it up a bit (oh I've amused myself now) to get to the 10, 000 average. 

Five days in and I've made my target every day. It's taken some doing- I've had to walk laps of the building after work, walk laps of the street in the cold while waiting to pick up takeaway for dinner, walk in the cold with a cold. I stalk the aisles of Bunnings and my local supermarkets more than I need to. Sometimes I even get to take the dogs out. Still, I haven't dropped the ball yet and it all raises money for the Cerebral Palsy Alliance



No comments: